Subject: [PATCH AUTOSEL 4.20 234/304] iwlwifi: mvm: fix setting HE ppe FW config

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 10:42:31 -0500

From: Naftali Goldstein <[email-masked]>

[ Upstream commit 189b8d441b0f7825f0b4278851c52afaa0515ed2 ]

The FW expects to get the ppe value for each NSS-BW pair in the same
format as in the he phy capabilities IE, which means that a value of 0
implies ppe should be used for BPSK (mcs 0). If there are no PPE
thresholds in the IE, or if for some NSS-RU pair there's no threshold
set for it (this could happen because it's a variable-sized field), it
means no PPE should not be used for that pair, so the value sent to FW
should be 7 which corresponds to "none".

Fixes: 514c30696fbc ("iwlwifi: add support for IEEE802.11ax")
Signed-off-by: Naftali Goldstein <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Luca Coelho <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/fw/api/mac.h   | 2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/mac80211.c | 8 +++++++-
 2 files changed, 8 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/fw/api/mac.h b/drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/fw/api/mac.h
index 1dd23f846fb9..f3ccd7948340 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/fw/api/mac.h
+++ b/drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/fw/api/mac.h
@@ -442,7 +442,7 @@ struct iwl_he_backoff_conf {
  * Support for Nss x BW (or RU) matrix:
  *	(0=SISO, 1=MIMO2) x (0-20MHz, 1-40MHz, 2-80MHz, 3-160MHz)
  * Each entry contains 2 QAM thresholds for 8us and 16us:
- *	0=BPSK, 1=QPSK, 2=16QAM, 3=64QAM, 4=256QAM, 5=1024QAM, 6/7=RES
+ *	0=BPSK, 1=QPSK, 2=16QAM, 3=64QAM, 4=256QAM, 5=1024QAM, 6=RES, 7=NONE
  * i.e. QAM_th1 < QAM_th2 such if TX uses QAM_tx:
  *	QAM_tx < QAM_th1            --> PPE=0us
  *	QAM_th1 <= QAM_tx < QAM_th2 --> PPE=8us
diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/mac80211.c b/drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/mac80211.c
index 00f831d88366..5a42c617c54c 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/mac80211.c
+++ b/drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/mac80211.c
@@ -2005,7 +2005,13 @@ static void iwl_mvm_cfg_he_sta(struct iwl_mvm *mvm,
 	if (sta->he_cap.he_cap_elem.mac_cap_info[4] & IEEE80211_HE_MAC_CAP4_BQR)
 		sta_ctxt_cmd.htc_flags |= cpu_to_le32(IWL_HE_HTC_BQR_SUPP);
 
-	/* If PPE Thresholds exist, parse them into a FW-familiar format */
+	/*
+	 * Initialize the PPE thresholds to "None" (7), as described in Table
+	 * 9-262ac of 80211.ax/D3.0.
+	 */
+	memset(&sta_ctxt_cmd.pkt_ext, 7, sizeof(sta_ctxt_cmd.pkt_ext));
+
+	/* If PPE Thresholds exist, parse them into a FW-familiar format. */
 	if (sta->he_cap.he_cap_elem.phy_cap_info[6] &
 	    IEEE80211_HE_PHY_CAP6_PPE_THRESHOLD_PRESENT) {
 		u8 nss = (sta->he_cap.ppe_thres[0] &
-- 
2.19.1