Subject: Re: [PATCH net] vhost: fix OOB in get_rx_bufs()

From: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 20:36:31 -0500

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 03:38:10PM -0800, David Miller wrote:
> From: David Miller <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 15:10:26 -0800 (PST)
> 
> > Yeah the CVE pushed my hand a little bit, and I knew I was going to
> > send Linus a pull request today because David Watson needs some TLS
> > changes in net-next.
> 
> I also want to make a general comment.... for the record.
> 
> If I let patches slip consistently past 24 hours my backlog is
> unmanageable.  Even with aggressively applying things quickly I'm
> right now at 70-75.  If I do not do what I am doing, then it's in the
> 100-150 range.
> 
> So I am at the point where I often must move forward with patches that
> I think I personally can verify and vet on my own.

If it helps I can include most virtio stuff in my pull requests instead.
Or if that can't work since there's too often a dependency on net-next,
maybe Jason wants to create a tree and send pull requests to you.  Let
us know if that will help, and which of the options looks better from
your POV.

-- 
MST