Subject: Re: No traffic with Marvell switch and latest linux-next

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 16:51:48 +0100

> 36:    2030566   mscm-ir  79 Edge      400d1000.ethernet
>  38:    1010437  gpio-vf610   2 Level     400d1000.ethernet-1:00
>  42:          0  mv88e6xxx-g1   3 Edge      mv88e6xxx-g1-atu-prob
>  44:          0  mv88e6xxx-g1   5 Edge      mv88e6xxx-g1-vtu-prob
>  46:    1010435  mv88e6xxx-g1   7 Edge      mv88e6xxx-g2
>  49:          0  mv88e6xxx-g2   1 Edge      mv88e6xxx-1:01
>  53:          0  mv88e6xxx-g2   5 Edge      mv88e6xxx-1:05
>  54:          0  mv88e6xxx-g2   6 Edge      mv88e6xxx-1:06
>  56:     100000  mv88e6xxx-g2   8 Edge      mv88e6xxx-1:08
>  63:          0  mv88e6xxx-g2  15 Edge      mv88e6xxx-watchdog

The PHY for Port 8 is not clearing its interrupt. In fact, it is not
even saying to the kernel it had an interrupt. After 100,000 interrupts
which nobody claimed, the kernel just disables it. So this looks like
your fix:

-       if (!phy_is_started(phydev))
-               return IRQ_NONE;

I think this went into net first. So it takes a little while to make
it into net-next. Maybe you don't have it yet?

     Andrew