Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2] ipv6: route: purge exception on removal

From: Stefano Brivio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 19:11:21 +0100

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:10:32 -0500
David Ahern <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I am surprised this was not found by the existing pmtu script which
> creates exceptions. Please add this test case to selftests to capture
> this specific set of events.

I think the reason is that, to keep the cleanup function minimal, I
just decided to tear down namespaces after tests, and the tests won't
catch this.

Paolo, I guess you could either make cleanup() symmetric with the
setup_routing() function (but then we don't catch issues related to
namespaces teardown), or introduce just two tests (IPv4 and IPv6) doing
this with one existing tunnel setup (and we don't have variability on
device types, but I don't think it's very relevant).

The alternative of doubling every test (with namespace *and* "orderly"
teardown) looks a bit overkill to me.

-- 
Stefano