Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 1/7] net: phy: marvell10g: Use get_features to get the PHY abilities

From: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 21:45:32 +0100

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 19:42:29 +0100
Heiner Kallweit <[email-masked]> wrote:

>After my just submitted patch to include the aneg capability checking in
>genphy_c45_pma_read_abilities() function mv3310_get_features() isn't
>needed any longer and can be replaced with the generic one.

I'll still need it to handle the 2.5G/5G abilities that aren't
correctly reported on 3310. I'll be able to use the generic
function for the 2110 though, which is nice.

>But we can make this change afterwards, then you don't have to
>rework your series.
>
>Also I'm not sure whether there will be a 5.0-rc8 or whether beginning
>of next week we'll see 5.0. In the latter case we're a little bit in a
>hurry because the merge window will start very soon.

OK, I'll re-spin the series quickly with the small cleanup needed if
everything's OK to you regarding the rest of it.

Thanks,

Maxime