Subject: [PATCH net 0/3] net: Fail route add with unsupported nexthop attribute

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 09:00:01 -0800

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>

RTA_VIA was added for MPLS as a way of specifying a gateway from a
different address family. IPv4 and IPv6 do not currently support RTA_VIA
so using it leads to routes that are not what the user intended. Catch
and fail - returning a proper error message.

MPLS on the other hand does not support RTA_GATEWAY since it does not
make sense to have a nexthop from the MPLS address family. Similarly,
catch and fail - returning a proper error message.

David Ahern (3):
  ipv4: Return error for RTA_VIA attribute
  ipv6: Return error for RTA_VIA attribute
  mpls: Return error for RTA_GATEWAY attribute

 net/ipv4/fib_frontend.c | 4 ++++
 net/ipv6/route.c        | 4 ++++
 net/mpls/af_mpls.c      | 3 +++
 3 files changed, 11 insertions(+)

-- 
2.11.0