Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: dsa: read mac address from DT for slave device

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 14:18:01 +0100

>  The following example shows three switches on three MDIO busses,
> @@ -99,6 +103,7 @@ linked into one DSA cluster.
>  			port@1 {
>  				reg = <1>;
>  				label = "lan1";
> +				local-mac-address = [000000000001];
>  			};

bindings/soc/fsl/cpm_qe/network.txt:	local-mac-address = [ 00 00 00 00 00 00 ];
bindings/net/ibm,emac.txt:		local-mac-address = [00 04 AC E3 1B 1E];
bindings/net/ibm,emac.txt:		local-mac-address = [000000000000]; /* Filled in by U-Boot */
bindings/net/fsl-fec.txt:		local-mac-address = [00 04 9F 01 1B B9];
bindings/net/fsl-fec.txt:		local-mac-address = [00 04 9F 01 1B B9];
bindings/net/socionext,uniphier-ave4.txt:	local-mac-address = [00 00 00 00 00 00];
bindings/net/opencores-ethoc.txt:	local-mac-address = [00 50 c2 13 6f 00];
bindings/net/marvell-orion-net.txt:	local-mac-address = [00 00 00 00 00 00];
bindings/net/davicom-dm9000.txt:	local-mac-address = [00 00 de ad be ef];
bindings/net/altera_tse.txt:		local-mac-address = [ 00 00 00 00 00 00 ];
bindings/net/altera_tse.txt:		local-mac-address = [ 00 00 00 00 00 00 ];
bindings/net/macb.txt:			local-mac-address = [3a 0e 03 04 05 06];
bindings/net/brcm,systemport.txt:	local-mac-address = [ 00 11 22 33 44 55 ];
bindings/net/fsl-tsec-phy.txt:		local-mac-address = [ 00 E0 0C 00 73 00 ];
bindings/net/hisilicon-hns-nic.txt:	local-mac-address = [a2 14 e4 4b 56 76];
bindings/net/keystone-netcp.txt:	local-mac-address = [02 18 31 7e 3e 6f];

Does the compiler really turn 000000000001 into 6 bytes? Please use
the more preferred option.

    Andrew