Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] PCI: add help pci_dev_id

From: Bjorn Helgaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 08:20:20 -0500

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 03:13:38PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Heiner Kallweit <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 20:27:45 +0200
> 
> > In several places in the kernel we find PCI_DEVID used like this:
> > PCI_DEVID(dev->bus->number, dev->devfn) Therefore create a helper
> > for it.
> 
> I'll wait for an ACK from the PCI folks on patch #1.

#1 and #2 touch PCI, #3 is a trivial r8169 patch.  There are a few
other places where this helper could be used (powernv/npu-dma.c,
amdkfd/kfd_topology.c, amd_iommu.c, intel-iommu.c,
intel_irq_remapping.c, stmmac_pci.c, chromeos_laptop.c).

I think it would be easier for me to collect acks for the trivial
changes to those places and merge the whole shebang via PCI.

Heiner, do you want to update those other places, too?

Bjorn