Subject: [PATCH 0/4] tools/vm/slabinfo: Add fragmentation output

From: "Tobin C. Harding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 12:26:18 +1000

Hi,

During recent discussion on LKML over SLAB vs SLUB it was suggested by
Jesper that it would be nice to have a tool to view the current
fragmentation of the slab allocators.  CC list for this set is taken
from that thread. 

For SLUB we have all the information for this already exposed by the
kernel and also we have a userspace tool for displaying this info:

	tools/vm/slabinfo.c

Extend slabinfo to improve the  fragmentation information by enabling
sorting of caches by number of partial slabs.

Also add cache list sorted in this manner to the output of `slabinfo -X`.

thanks,
Tobin.

Tobin C. Harding (4):
  tools/vm/slabinfo: Order command line options
  tools/vm/slabinfo: Add partial slab listing to -X
  tools/vm/slabinfo: Add option to sort by partial slabs
  tools/vm/slabinfo: Add sorting info to help menu

 tools/vm/slabinfo.c | 118 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------
 1 file changed, 70 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0