Subject: Re: [PATCH net] net: mvpp2: cls: Add missing NETIF_F_NTUPLE flag

From: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 07:14:08 +0200

Hello Jakub, David,

On Tue, 7 May 2019 10:28:03 -0700
Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> -	if (mvpp22_rss_is_supported())
>> +	if (mvpp22_rss_is_supported()) {
>>  		dev->hw_features |= NETIF_F_RXHASH;
>> +		dev->features |= NETIF_F_NTUPLE;  
>
>Hm, why not in hw_features?

Because as of today, there's nothing implemented to disable
classification offload in the driver, so the feature can't be toggled.

Is this an issue ? Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, but I didn't see any
indication that this feature has to be host-writeable.

I can make so that it's toggle-able, but it's not as straightforward as
we would think, since the classifier is also used for RSS (so, we can't
just disable the classifier as a whole, we would have to invalidate
each registered flow).

Thanks,

Maxime