Subject: [PATCH AUTOSEL 5.1 022/375] net: ena: gcc 8: fix compilation warning

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 15:15:22 -0400

From: Sameeh Jubran <[email-masked]>

[ Upstream commit f913308879bc6ae437ce64d878c7b05643ddea44 ]

GCC 8 contains a number of new warnings as well as enhancements to existing
checkers. The warning - Wstringop-truncation - warns for calls to bounded
string manipulation functions such as strncat, strncpy, and stpncpy that
may either truncate the copied string or leave the destination unchanged.

In our case the destination string length (32 bytes) is much shorter than
the source string (64 bytes) which causes this warning to show up. In
general the destination has to be at least a byte larger than the length
of the source string with strncpy for this warning not to showup.

This can be easily fixed by using strlcpy instead which already does the
truncation to the string. Documentation for this function can be
found here:

https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/lib/string.c#L141

Fixes: 1738cd3ed342 ("net: ena: Add a driver for Amazon Elastic Network Adapters (ENA)")
Signed-off-by: Sameeh Jubran <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_netdev.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_netdev.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_netdev.c
index a6eacf2099c30..41c1c9acb3246 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_netdev.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_netdev.c
@@ -2292,7 +2292,7 @@ static void ena_config_host_info(struct ena_com_dev *ena_dev,
 	host_info->bdf = (pdev->bus->number << 8) | pdev->devfn;
 	host_info->os_type = ENA_ADMIN_OS_LINUX;
 	host_info->kernel_ver = LINUX_VERSION_CODE;
-	strncpy(host_info->kernel_ver_str, utsname()->version,
+	strlcpy(host_info->kernel_ver_str, utsname()->version,
 		sizeof(host_info->kernel_ver_str) - 1);
 	host_info->os_dist = 0;
 	strncpy(host_info->os_dist_str, utsname()->release,
-- 
2.20.1