Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: phy: marvell10g: report if the PHY fails to boot firmware

From: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 16:36:52 +0200

Hello Russell,

On Tue, 28 May 2019 10:34:42 +0100
Russell King <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Some boards do not have the PHY firmware programmed in the 3310's flash,
>which leads to the PHY not working as expected.  Warn the user when the
>PHY fails to boot the firmware and refuse to initialise.
>
>Signed-off-by: Russell King <[email-masked]>
>---
>I think this patch needs testing with the Marvell 88x2110 PHY before
>this can be merged into mainline, but I think it should go into -rc
>and be back-ported to stable trees to avoid user frustration

I've tested this on a 88x2110 and a 88e2010, who both have the same
register at the same location, at are potentially subject to the same
issue.

Tested-by: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>

Thanks,

Maxime