Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 06/11] net: phylink: Add struct phylink_config to PHYLINK API

From: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 09:28:45 +0200

Hello Ioana,

On Tue, 28 May 2019 20:38:12 +0300
Ioana Ciornei <[email-masked]> wrote:

>The phylink_config structure will encapsulate a pointer to a struct
>device and the operation type requested for this instance of PHYLINK.
>This patch does not make any functional changes, it just transitions the
>PHYLINK internals and all its users to the new API.
>
>A pointer to a phylink_config structure will be passed to
>phylink_create() instead of the net_device directly. Also, the same
>phylink_config pointer will be passed back to all phylink_mac_ops
>callbacks instead of the net_device. Using this mechanism, a PHYLINK
>user can get the original net_device using a structure such as
>'to_net_dev(config->dev)' or directly the structure containing the
>phylink_config using a container_of call.

I see that you mixed both to_net_dev and container_of uses in mvpp2, is
there a reason for that ?

Other than that, for the mvpp2 part,

Reviewed-by: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>
Tested-by: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>

Thanks,

Maxime