Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 7/7] net: ethernet: ti: cpsw: add XDP support

From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 00:37:36 +0200

On Fri, 31 May 2019 20:03:33 +0300
Ivan Khoronzhuk <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Probably it's not good example for others how it should be used, not
> a big problem to move it to separate pools.., even don't remember why
> I decided to use shared pool, there was some more reasons... need
> search in history.

Using a shared pool is makes it a lot harder to solve the issue I'm
currently working on.  That is handling/waiting for in-flight frames to
complete, before removing the mem ID from the (r)hashtable lookup.  I
have working code, that basically remove page_pool_destroy() from
public API, and instead lets xdp_rxq_info_unreg() call it when
in-flight count reach zero (and delay fully removing the mem ID).

-- 
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer
  MSc.CS, Principal Kernel Engineer at Red Hat
  LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brouer