Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3 08/10] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add support for mv88e6250

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 17:16:06 +0200

> The chip has four per port 16-bits statistics registers, two of which
> correspond to the existing "sw_in_filtered" and "sw_out_filtered" (but
> at offsets 0x13 and 0x10 rather than 0x12 and 0x13, because why should
> this be easy...).

This is Marvell. Nothing is easy, they keep making subtle changes like
this.

> Wiring up those four statistics seems to require
> introducing a STATS_TYPE_PORT_6250 bit or similar, which seems a tad
> ugly, so for now this just allows access to the STATS_TYPE_BANK0 ones.

I don't think it will be too ugly. We have the abstraction in place to
support it. So feel free to add a follow up patch adding these
statistics if you want.
 
> The chip does have ptp support, and the existing
> mv88e6352_{gpio,avb,ptp}_ops at first glance seem like they would work
> out-of-the-box, but for simplicity (and lack of testing) I'm eliding
> this.

Fine, you can add this later, if you do get a test system.

Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>

    Andrew