Subject: [PATCH v3 net-next 15/17] net: dsa: sja1105: Increase priority of CPU-trapped frames

From: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 20:07:54 +0300

Without noticing any particular issue, this patch ensures that
management traffic is treated with the maximum priority on RX by the
switch.  This is generally desirable, as the driver keeps a state
machine that waits for metadata follow-up frames as soon as a management
frame is received.  Increasing the priority helps expedite the reception
(and further reconstruction) of the RX timestamp to the driver after the
MAC has generated it.

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>
---
Changes in v3:

None.

Changes in v2:

None.

 drivers/net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_main.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_main.c b/drivers/net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_main.c
index 9dd2ab2725b6..fceca0e5984f 100644
--- a/drivers/net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_main.c
@@ -389,7 +389,7 @@ static int sja1105_init_general_params(struct sja1105_private *priv)
 		.mirr_ptacu = 0,
 		.switchid = priv->ds->index,
 		/* Priority queue for link-local frames trapped to CPU */
-		.hostprio = 0,
+		.hostprio = 7,
 		.mac_fltres1 = SJA1105_LINKLOCAL_FILTER_A,
 		.mac_flt1    = SJA1105_LINKLOCAL_FILTER_A_MASK,
 		.incl_srcpt1 = false,
-- 
2.17.1