Subject: Re: [PATCH V2 net-next 4/6] net: ena: allow queue allocation backoff when low on memory

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 18:36:59 +0200

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 09:18:40AM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 14:19:16 +0300
> 
> > +static inline void set_io_rings_size(struct ena_adapter *adapter,
> > +				     int new_tx_size, int new_rx_size)
> 
> Please do not ever use inline in foo.c files, let the compiler decide.

Hi David

It looks like a few got passed review:

~/linux/drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena$ grep inline *.c
ena_com.c:static inline int ena_com_mem_addr_set(struct ena_com_dev *ena_dev,
ena_com.c:static inline void comp_ctxt_release(struct ena_com_admin_queue *queue,
ena_com.c:static inline int ena_com_init_comp_ctxt(struct ena_com_admin_queue *queue)
ena_eth_com.c:static inline struct ena_eth_io_rx_cdesc_base *ena_com_get_next_rx_cdesc(
ena_eth_com.c:static inline void *get_sq_desc_regular_queue(struct ena_com_io_sq *io_sq)
ena_eth_com.c:static inline int ena_com_write_bounce_buffer_to_dev(struct ena_com_io_sq *io_sq,
ena_eth_com.c:static inline int ena_com_write_header_to_bounce(struct ena_com_io_sq *io_sq,
ena_eth_com.c:static inline void *get_sq_desc_llq(struct ena_com_io_sq *io_sq)
ena_eth_com.c:static inline int ena_com_close_bounce_buffer(struct ena_com_io_sq *io_sq)
ena_eth_com.c:static inline void *get_sq_desc(struct ena_com_io_sq *io_sq)
ena_eth_com.c:static inline int ena_com_sq_update_llq_tail(struct ena_com_io_sq *io_sq)
ena_eth_com.c:static inline int ena_com_sq_update_tail(struct ena_com_io_sq *io_sq)
ena_eth_com.c:static inline struct ena_eth_io_rx_cdesc_base *
ena_eth_com.c:static inline u16 ena_com_cdesc_rx_pkt_get(struct ena_com_io_cq *io_cq,
ena_eth_com.c:static inline int ena_com_create_and_store_tx_meta_desc(struct ena_com_io_sq *io_sq,
ena_eth_com.c:static inline void ena_com_rx_set_flags(struct ena_com_rx_ctx *ena_rx_ctx,
ena_netdev.c:static inline int validate_rx_req_id(struct ena_ring *rx_ring, u16 req_id)
ena_netdev.c:static inline int ena_alloc_rx_page(struct ena_ring *rx_ring,
ena_netdev.c:static inline void ena_unmap_tx_skb(struct ena_ring *tx_ring,
ena_netdev.c:static inline void ena_rx_checksum(struct ena_ring *rx_ring,
ena_netdev.c:inline void ena_adjust_intr_moderation(struct ena_ring *rx_ring,
ena_netdev.c:static inline void ena_unmask_interrupt(struct ena_ring *tx_ring,
ena_netdev.c:static inline void ena_update_ring_numa_node(struct ena_ring *tx_ring,
ena_netdev.c:static inline void set_default_llq_configurations(struct ena_llq_configurations *llq_config)

	Andrew