Subject: [PATCH bpf-next v5 0/8] bpf: getsockopt and setsockopt hooks

From: Stanislav Fomichev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 14:08:22 -0700

This series implements two new per-cgroup hooks: getsockopt and
setsockopt along with a new sockopt program type. The idea is pretty
similar to recently introduced cgroup sysctl hooks, but
implementation is simpler (no need to convert to/from strings).

What this can be applied to:
* move business logic of what tos/priority/etc can be set by
  containers (either pass or reject)
* handle existing options (or introduce new ones) differently by
  propagating some information in cgroup/socket local storage

Compared to a simple syscall/{g,s}etsockopt tracepoint, those
hooks are context aware. Meaning, they can access underlying socket
and use cgroup and socket local storage.

Stanislav Fomichev (8):
  bpf: implement getsockopt and setsockopt hooks
  bpf: sync bpf.h to tools/
  libbpf: support sockopt hooks
  selftests/bpf: test sockopt section name
  selftests/bpf: add sockopt test
  selftests/bpf: add sockopt test that exercises sk helpers
  bpf: add sockopt documentation
  bpftool: support cgroup sockopt

 Documentation/bpf/index.rst                   |   1 +
 Documentation/bpf/prog_cgroup_sockopt.rst     |  39 +
 include/linux/bpf-cgroup.h                    |  29 +
 include/linux/bpf.h                           |  45 +
 include/linux/bpf_types.h                     |   1 +
 include/linux/filter.h                        |  13 +
 include/uapi/linux/bpf.h                      |  13 +
 kernel/bpf/cgroup.c                           | 260 ++++++
 kernel/bpf/core.c                             |   9 +
 kernel/bpf/syscall.c                          |  19 +
 kernel/bpf/verifier.c                         |  15 +
 net/core/filter.c                             |   2 +-
 net/socket.c                                  |  18 +
 .../bpftool/Documentation/bpftool-cgroup.rst  |   7 +-
 .../bpftool/Documentation/bpftool-prog.rst    |   2 +-
 tools/bpf/bpftool/bash-completion/bpftool     |   8 +-
 tools/bpf/bpftool/cgroup.c                    |   5 +-
 tools/bpf/bpftool/main.h                      |   1 +
 tools/bpf/bpftool/prog.c                      |   3 +-
 tools/include/uapi/linux/bpf.h                |  14 +
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf.c                        |   5 +
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf_probes.c                 |   1 +
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/.gitignore        |   2 +
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/Makefile          |   4 +-
 .../testing/selftests/bpf/progs/sockopt_sk.c  |  67 ++
 .../selftests/bpf/test_section_names.c        |  10 +
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockopt.c    | 773 ++++++++++++++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockopt_sk.c | 156 ++++
 28 files changed, 1512 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/bpf/prog_cgroup_sockopt.rst
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/sockopt_sk.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockopt.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockopt_sk.c

-- 
2.22.0.rc2.383.gf4fbbf30c2-goog