Subject: [PATCH] rt2x00: fix rx queue hang

From: Soeren Moch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 11:46:56 +0200

Since commit ed194d136769 ("usb: core: remove local_irq_save() around
 ->complete() handler") the handlers rt2x00usb_interrupt_rxdone() and
rt2x00usb_interrupt_txdone() are not running with interrupts disabled
anymore. So these handlers are not guaranteed to run completely before
workqueue processing starts. So only mark entries ready for workqueue
processing after proper accounting in the dma done queue.
Note that rt2x00usb_work_rxdone() processes all available entries, not
only such for which queue_work() was called.

This fixes a regression on a RT5370 based wifi stick in AP mode, which
suddenly stopped data transmission after some period of heavy load. Also
stopping the hanging hostapd resulted in the error message "ieee80211
phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 14 failed to flush".
Other operation modes are probably affected as well, this just was
the used testcase.

Fixes: ed194d136769 ("usb: core: remove local_irq_save() around ->complete() handler")
Cc: Stanislaw Gruszka <[email-masked]>
Cc: Helmut Schaa <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] # 4.20+
Signed-off-by: Soeren Moch <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/wireless/ralink/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/ralink/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c b/drivers/net/wireless/ralink/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c
index 1b08b01db27b..9c102a501ee6 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wireless/ralink/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c
+++ b/drivers/net/wireless/ralink/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c
@@ -263,9 +263,9 @@ EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(rt2x00lib_dmastart);

 void rt2x00lib_dmadone(struct queue_entry *entry)
 {
-	set_bit(ENTRY_DATA_STATUS_PENDING, &entry->flags);
 	clear_bit(ENTRY_OWNER_DEVICE_DATA, &entry->flags);
 	rt2x00queue_index_inc(entry, Q_INDEX_DMA_DONE);
+	set_bit(ENTRY_DATA_STATUS_PENDING, &entry->flags);
 }
 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(rt2x00lib_dmadone);

--
2.17.1