Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3] ipv4: Support multipath hashing on inner IP pkts for GRE tunnel

From: Ido Schimmel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 17:39:32 +0300

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 02:38:58PM -0400, Stephen Suryaputra wrote:
> Multipath hash policy value of 0 isn't distributing since the outer IP
> dest and src aren't varied eventhough the inner ones are. Since the flow
> is on the inner ones in the case of tunneled traffic, hashing on them is
> desired.
> 
> This is done mainly for IP over GRE, hence only tested for that. But
> anything else supported by flow dissection should work.
> 
> v2: Use skb_flow_dissect_flow_keys() directly so that other tunneling
>     can be supported through flow dissection (per Nikolay Aleksandrov).
> v3: Remove accidental inclusion of ports in the hash keys and clarify
>     the documentation (Nikolay Alexandrov).
> Signed-off-by: Stephen Suryaputra <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Do you plan to add IPv6 support? Would be good to have the same features
in both stacks.

Also, we have tests for these sysctls under
tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/router_multipath.sh

Can you add a test for this change as well? You'll probably need to
create a new file given the topology created by router_multipath.sh does
not include tunnels.

Thanks