Subject: Re: 4.19: udpgso_bench_tx: setsockopt zerocopy: Unknown error 524

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:15:16 +0200

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 09:47:59AM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Willem de Bruijn <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:37:33 -0400
> 
> > Specific to the above test, I can add a check command testing
> > setsockopt SO_ZEROCOPY  return value. AFAIK kselftest has no explicit
> > way to denote "skipped", so this would just return "pass". Sounds a
> > bit fragile, passing success when a feature is absent.
> 
> Especially since the feature might be absent because the 'config'
> template forgot to include a necessary Kconfig option.

That is what the "skip" response is for, don't return "pass" if the
feature just isn't present.  That lets people run tests on systems
without the config option enabled as you say, or on systems without the
needed userspace tools present.

thanks,

greg k-h