Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v1 08/11] xdp: tracking page_pool resources and safe removal

From: Ivan Khoronzhuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 14:12:55 +0300

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 08:54:07PM +0300, Ivan Khoronzhuk wrote:
Hi, Jesper

>On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 05:19:51PM +0200, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
>

[...]

>>If we had to allow page_pool to be registered twice, via
>>xdp_rxq_info_reg_mem_model() then I guess we could extend page_pool
>>with a usage/users reference count, and then only really free the
>>page_pool when refcnt reach zero.  But it just seems and looks wrong
>>(in the code) as the hole trick to get performance is to only have one
>>user.

Let's try this variant. This might be used only in case if no choice.
If no issues and provide appropriate comments in the code it can look
more a while normal.

-- 
Regards,
Ivan Khoronzhuk