Subject: [PATCH bpf-next v7 0/9] bpf: getsockopt and setsockopt hooks

From: Stanislav Fomichev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 09:59:48 -0700

This series implements two new per-cgroup hooks: getsockopt and
setsockopt along with a new sockopt program type. The idea is pretty
similar to recently introduced cgroup sysctl hooks, but
implementation is simpler (no need to convert to/from strings).

What this can be applied to:
* move business logic of what tos/priority/etc can be set by
  containers (either pass or reject)
* handle existing options (or introduce new ones) differently by
  propagating some information in cgroup/socket local storage

Compared to a simple syscall/{g,s}etsockopt tracepoint, those
hooks are context aware. Meaning, they can access underlying socket
and use cgroup and socket local storage.

Stanislav Fomichev (9):
  bpf: implement getsockopt and setsockopt hooks
  bpf: sync bpf.h to tools/
  libbpf: support sockopt hooks
  selftests/bpf: test sockopt section name
  selftests/bpf: add sockopt test
  selftests/bpf: add sockopt test that exercises sk helpers
  selftests/bpf: add sockopt test that exercises BPF_F_ALLOW_MULTI
  bpf: add sockopt documentation
  bpftool: support cgroup sockopt

 Documentation/bpf/index.rst                   |   1 +
 Documentation/bpf/prog_cgroup_sockopt.rst     |  82 ++
 include/linux/bpf-cgroup.h                    |  43 +
 include/linux/bpf.h                           |   2 +
 include/linux/bpf_types.h                     |   1 +
 include/linux/filter.h                        |  14 +
 include/uapi/linux/bpf.h                      |  14 +
 kernel/bpf/cgroup.c                           | 317 +++++++
 kernel/bpf/core.c                             |   9 +
 kernel/bpf/syscall.c                          |  19 +
 kernel/bpf/verifier.c                         |  13 +
 net/core/filter.c                             |   2 +-
 net/socket.c                                  |  16 +
 .../bpftool/Documentation/bpftool-cgroup.rst  |   7 +-
 .../bpftool/Documentation/bpftool-prog.rst    |   2 +-
 tools/bpf/bpftool/bash-completion/bpftool     |   8 +-
 tools/bpf/bpftool/cgroup.c                    |   5 +-
 tools/bpf/bpftool/main.h                      |   1 +
 tools/bpf/bpftool/prog.c                      |   3 +-
 tools/include/uapi/linux/bpf.h                |  14 +
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf.c                        |   5 +
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf_probes.c                 |   1 +
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/.gitignore        |   3 +
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/Makefile          |   6 +-
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/sockopt_multi.c       |  53 ++
 .../testing/selftests/bpf/progs/sockopt_sk.c  |  91 ++
 .../selftests/bpf/test_section_names.c        |  10 +
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockopt.c    | 892 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../selftests/bpf/test_sockopt_multi.c        | 276 ++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockopt_sk.c | 185 ++++
 30 files changed, 2085 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/bpf/prog_cgroup_sockopt.rst
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/sockopt_multi.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/sockopt_sk.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockopt.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockopt_multi.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockopt_sk.c

-- 
2.22.0.410.gd8fdbe21b5-goog