Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2] net: mvpp2: prs: Don't override the sign bit in SRAM parser shift

From: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 14:04:12 +0200

Hello David,

On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 11:42:45 +0200
Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]> wrote:

>The Header Parser allows identifying various fields in the packet
>headers, used for various kind of filtering and classification
>steps.
>
>This is a re-entrant process, where the offset in the packet header
>depends on the previous lookup results. This offset is represented in
>the SRAM results of the TCAM, as a shift to be operated.
>
>This shift can be negative in some cases, such as in IPv6 parsing.
>
>This commit prevents overriding the sign bit when setting the shift
>value, which could cause instabilities when parsing IPv6 flows.
>
>Fixes: 3f518509dedc ("ethernet: Add new driver for Marvell Armada 375 network unit")
>Suggested-by: Alan Winkowski <[email-masked]>
>Signed-off-by: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>
>---
>V2 : Fix a typo in the commit log, reported by Sergei.

I see that this patch was set as "Accepted" on patchwork, but hasn't
made it to -net, I was wondering if this patch slipped through the
cracks :)

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1119311/

Thanks,

Maxime