Subject: Re: net: check before dereferencing netdev_ops during busy poll

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:45:53 +0200

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 07:03:01PM -0700, Josh Elsasser wrote:
> On Jun 28, 2019, at 3:55 PM, Sasha Levin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > What's the upstream commit id?
> 
> The commit wasn't needed upstream, as I only sent the original patch after
> 79e7fff47b7b ("net: remove support for per driver ndo_busy_poll()") had
> made the fix unnecessary in Linus' tree.
> 
> May've gotten lost in the shuffle due to my poor Fixes tags. The patch in
> question applied only on top of the 4.9 stable release at the time, but the
> actual NPE had been around in some form since 3.11 / 0602129286705 ("net: add
> low latency socket poll").

Ok, can people then resend this and be very explicit as to why this is
needed only in a stable kernel tree and get reviews from people agreeing
that this really is the correct fix?

thanks,

greg k-h