Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] samples: pktgen: allow to specify destination port

From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 17:08:19 +0200

On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 22:33:58 +0900
"Daniel T. Lee" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Currently, kernel pktgen has the feature to specify udp destination port
> for sending packet. (e.g. pgset "udp_dst_min 9")
> 
> But on samples, each of the scripts doesn't have any option to achieve this.
> 
> This commit adds the DST_PORT option to specify the target port(s) in the script.
> 
>     -p : ($DST_PORT)  destination PORT range (e.g. 433-444) is also allowed
> 
> Signed-off-by: Daniel T. Lee <[email-masked]>

Nice feature, this look very usable for testing.  I think my QA asked
me for something similar.

One nitpick is that script named pktgen_sample03_burst_single_flow.sh
implies this is a single flow, but by specifying a port-range this will
be more flows.  I'm okay with adding this, as the end-user specifying a
port-range should realize this.  Thus, you get my ACK.

Acked-by: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <[email-masked]>

Another thing you should realize (but you/we cannot do anything about)
is that when the scripts use burst or clone, then the port (UDPDST_RND)
will be the same for all packets in the same burst.  I don't know if it
matters for your use-case.

-- 
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer
  MSc.CS, Principal Kernel Engineer at Red Hat
  LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brouer