Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 1/8] Documentation/bindings: net: ocelot: document the PTP bank

From: Antoine Tenart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 15:30:16 +0200

Hi Andrew,

On Mon, Jul 01, 2019 at 03:52:14PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2019 at 12:03:20PM +0200, Antoine Tenart wrote:
> > One additional register range needs to be described within the Ocelot
> > device tree node: the PTP. This patch documents the binding needed to do
> > so.
> 
> Are there any more register banks? Maybe just add them all?

I checked and there are (just a few) more. I also saw your other comment
about interrupts, and it's also true there.

Those definitions aren't related to the PHC so I'll prepare a patch for
a following series to add all the missing parts.

> Also, you should probably add a comment that despite it being in the
> Required part of the binding, it is actually optional.

I'm not sure about this: optional properties means some parts of the h/w
can be missing or not wired. It's not the case here, it's "optional" in
the driver only for dt compatibility (so that an older dt blob can work
with a newer kernel image), but it's now mandatory in the binding.

Thanks!
Antoine

-- 
Antoine Ténart, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com