Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] Fix hang of Armada 8040 SoC in orion-mdio

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 15:00:57 +0200

From: Josua Mayer <[email-masked]>

With a modular kernel as configured by Debian a hang was observed with
the Armada 8040 SoC in the Clearfog GT and Macchiatobin boards.

The 8040 SoC actually requires four clocks to be enabled for the mdio
interface to function. All 4 clocks are already specified in
armada-cp110.dtsi. It has however been missed that the orion-mdio driver
only supports enabling up to three clocks.

This patch-set allows the orion-mdio driver to handle four clocks and
adds a warning when more clocks are specified to prevent this particular
oversight in the future.

Changes since v1:
- fixed condition for priting the warning (Andrew Lunn)
- rephrased commit description for deferred probing (Andrew Lunn)
- fixed compiler warnings (kbuild test robot)

Josua Mayer (4):
  dt-bindings: allow up to four clocks for orion-mdio
  net: mvmdio: allow up to four clocks to be specified for orion-mdio
  net: mvmdio: print warning when orion-mdio has too many clocks
  net: mvmdio: defer probe of orion-mdio if a clock is not ready

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/marvell-orion-mdio.txt |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvmdio.c                        | 11 ++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.4