Subject: Re: [PATCH net] kbuild: add net/netfilter/nf_tables_offload.h to header-test blacklist.

From: Jeremy Sowden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 21:16:15 +0100

On 2019-07-21, at 20:26:08 +0200, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 12:31:05PM +0100, Jeremy Sowden wrote:
> > net/netfilter/nf_tables_offload.h includes net/netfilter/nf_tables.h
> > which is itself on the blacklist.
> >
> > Reported-by: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
> > Signed-off-by: Jeremy Sowden <[email-masked]>
>
> Acked-by: Pablo Neira Ayuso <[email-masked]>
>
> Thanks, I think it would be good later on to review all of the
> netfilter headers and make them compile via this new
> CONFIG_HEADER_TEST Kconfig knob.

Definitely.  The problem in this instance is that linux/netfilter.h
wraps some struct definitions and inline functions in "#ifdef
CONFIG_NETFILTER" / "#endif", but some of these are required by code
defined in other header-files that are not so wrapped, so when
CONFIG_NETFILTER is not defined, compilation of those header-files
fails.  I only took a cursory glance over the week-end and stopped once
I found the blacklist.  I'll take a more thorough look when I have some
time, hopefully later this week.

J.