Subject: [PATCH 3/4] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: setup message port is not supported in the 6250 family

From: Hubert Feurstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 12:04:28 +0200

The MV88E6250 family doesn't support the MV88E6XXX_PORT_CTL1_MESSAGE_PORT
bit.

Signed-off-by: Hubert Feurstein <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c | 34 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.h |  1 +
 2 files changed, 32 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c
index c4982ced908e..c2fb4ea66434 100644
--- a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c
+++ b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c
@@ -2252,9 +2252,11 @@ static int mv88e6xxx_setup_port(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip, int port)
 			return err;
 	}
 
-	err = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port(chip, port);
-	if (err)
-		return err;
+	if (chip->info->ops->port_setup_message_port) {
+		err = chip->info->ops->port_setup_message_port(chip, port);
+		if (err)
+			return err;
+	}
 
 	/* Port based VLAN map: give each port the same default address
 	 * database, and allow bidirectional communication between the
@@ -2797,6 +2799,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6085_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6185_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6xxx_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -2831,6 +2834,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6095_ops = {
 	.port_set_upstream_port = mv88e6095_port_set_upstream_port,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6185_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6185_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6xxx_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -2867,6 +2871,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6097_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6185_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6xxx_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -2901,6 +2906,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6123_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6185_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6320_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -2938,6 +2944,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6131_ops = {
 	.port_set_pause = mv88e6185_port_set_pause,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6185_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6xxx_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -2982,6 +2989,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6141_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6390_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6320_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3022,6 +3030,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6161_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6185_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6xxx_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3055,6 +3064,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6165_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6185_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6xxx_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3096,6 +3106,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6171_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6320_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3137,6 +3148,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6172_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6320_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3179,6 +3191,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6175_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6320_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3220,6 +3233,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6176_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6320_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3258,6 +3272,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6185_ops = {
 	.port_set_pause = mv88e6185_port_set_pause,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6185_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6185_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6xxx_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3300,6 +3315,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6190_ops = {
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
 	.port_set_cmode = mv88e6390_port_set_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6390_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6390_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6320_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3345,6 +3361,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6190x_ops = {
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
 	.port_set_cmode = mv88e6390x_port_set_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6390_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6390_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6320_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3390,6 +3407,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6191_ops = {
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
 	.port_set_cmode = mv88e6390_port_set_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6390_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6390_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6320_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3437,6 +3455,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6240_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6320_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3522,6 +3541,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6290_ops = {
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
 	.port_set_cmode = mv88e6390_port_set_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6390_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6390_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6320_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3569,6 +3589,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6320_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6320_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6320_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3612,6 +3633,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6321_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6320_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6320_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3655,6 +3677,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6341_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6390_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6320_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3698,6 +3721,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6350_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6320_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3737,6 +3761,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6351_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6320_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3780,6 +3805,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6352_ops = {
 	.port_disable_pri_override = mv88e6xxx_port_disable_pri_override,
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6320_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6095_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6095_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3832,6 +3858,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6390_ops = {
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
 	.port_set_cmode = mv88e6390_port_set_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6390_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6390_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6320_stats_get_sset_count,
@@ -3881,6 +3908,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_ops mv88e6390x_ops = {
 	.port_link_state = mv88e6352_port_link_state,
 	.port_get_cmode = mv88e6352_port_get_cmode,
 	.port_set_cmode = mv88e6390x_port_set_cmode,
+	.port_setup_message_port = mv88e6xxx_setup_message_port,
 	.stats_snapshot = mv88e6390_g1_stats_snapshot,
 	.stats_set_histogram = mv88e6390_g1_stats_set_histogram,
 	.stats_get_sset_count = mv88e6320_stats_get_sset_count,
diff --git a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.h b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.h
index 6eb13f269366..720cace3db4e 100644
--- a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.h
+++ b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.h
@@ -390,6 +390,7 @@ struct mv88e6xxx_ops {
 				u8 out);
 	int (*port_disable_learn_limit)(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip, int port);
 	int (*port_disable_pri_override)(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip, int port);
+	int (*port_setup_message_port)(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip, int port);
 
 	/* CMODE control what PHY mode the MAC will use, eg. SGMII, RGMII, etc.
 	 * Some chips allow this to be configured on specific ports.
-- 
2.22.0