Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 4/4] net: phy: realtek: configure RTL8211E LEDs

From: Matthias Kaehlcke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 12:40:32 -0700

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, Aug 02, 2019 at 08:18:40PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 12:07:59PM -0700, Matthias Kaehlcke wrote:
> > Configure the RTL8211E LEDs behavior when the device tree property
> > 'realtek,led-modes' is specified.

note to self: update commit message

> > Signed-off-by: Matthias Kaehlcke <[email-masked]>
> 
> Hi Matthias
> 
> I was more thinking of adding a new driver call to the PHY driver API,
> to configure an LED. Something like
> 
> rtl8211e_config_leds(phydev, int led, struct phy_led_config cfg);

I guess it sould be singular ('_config_led') if it configures a single
LED.

> It would be called by the phylib core after config_init(). But also,
> thinking ahead to generic linux LED support, it could be called later
> to reconfigure the LEDs to use a different trigger. The standard LED
> sysfs interface would be used.

I'll look into the phylib part.

Thanks

Matthias