Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] tools: bpftool: fix reading from /proc/config.gz

From: Peter Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 00:20:42 +0100

Hi all,

Thanks for the lovely feedback :)

On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 02:57:26PM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 14:48:31 -0700, Stanislav Fomichev wrote:
> > I'm just being nit picky :-)
> > Because changelog says we already depend on -lz, but then in the patch
> > we explicitly add it.

What I meant by that is that zlib is not a new dependency since it is
already a mandatory dependency of libelf which is currently marked as
mandatory dependency in bpftool. That is why I did not bother with
adding a feature test either since it would be redundant.

Adding an explicit dependency helps if you want to build bpftool as
static binary, or if libelf somehow drops zlib in the future.
-- 
Kind regards,
Peter Wu
https://lekensteyn.nl