Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC net-next 0/3] Multi-CPU DSA support

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 19:54:04 +0200

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 07:45:46PM +0200, Marek Behun wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 17:24:07 +0200
> Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > So this is all about transmit from the host out the switch. What about
> > receive? How do you tell the switch which CPU interface it should use
> > for a port?
> 
> Andrew, we use the same. The DSA slave implementation of ndo_set_iflink
> will also tell the switch driver to change the CPU port for that port.
> Patch 3 also adds operation port_change_cpu_port to the DSA switch
> operations. This is called from dsa_slave_set_iflink (at least in this
> first proposal).

Yes, i noticed this later. The cover letter did not include a change
to a driver, so it was not clear you had considered receive, which is
very much in the hard of the switch driver, not the DSA core.

     Andrew