Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC net-next 0/3] Multi-CPU DSA support

From: Marek Behun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 09:13:37 +0200

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 13:04:04 -0700
Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Now, the 4.9 kernel behavior actually works just fine because eth1 is
> not a special interface, so no tagging is expected, and "wifi", although
> it supports DSA tagging, represents another side of the CPU/host network
> stack, so you never have to inject frames into the switch, because you
> can use eth1 to do that and let MAC learning do its job to forward to
> the correct port of the switch.

Hi Florian,

Sorry, I am having trouble understanding what you mean in the
paragraph I quoted above (and paragraphs afterwards).

eth0 and eth1 are interfaces created by an ethernet driver.
wlan0 is an interface created by wireless driver.
wifi is a slave interface created by DSA for port 5 on the switch.
eth1 is DSA slave or a DSA master connected to port 5?

How does DSA handle two interfaces with same reg property?

Marek