Subject: Re: [PATCH] Bluetooth: hidp: Fix error checks in hidp_get/set_raw_report

From: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 13:58:24 +0300

On Fri, Sep 06, 2019 at 01:40:15PM +0300, Dan Elkouby wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 1:14 PM Dan Carpenter wrote:
> > I think we also need to update update ms_ff_worker() which assumes that
> > hid_hw_output_report() returns zero on success.
> 
> Yes, it looks like that's the case. Should I amend my patch to include
> this fix, or should it be a separate patch? I don't have access to any
> hardware covered by hid-microsoft, so I won't be able to test it.
> 

Yes.  Please amend the patch.  We all understand that you don't have
the hardware so it's not a problem.  If you want to blame me in the
commit message that's fine.  "Dan Carpenter pointed out a related issue
in ms_ff_worker()".  But we're only silencing a warning so it can't
really break anything.

You can add my Reviewed-by tag as well when you resend.

regards,
dan carpenter