Subject: [PATCH net v3 00/11] net: fix nested device bugs

From: Taehee Yoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 22:47:51 +0900

This patchset fixes several bugs that are related to nesting
device infrastructure.
Current nesting infrastructure code doesn't limit the depth level of
devices. nested devices could be handled recursively. at that moment,
it needs huge memory and stack overflow could occur.
Below devices type have same bug.
VLAN, BONDING, TEAM, MACSEC, MACVLAN and VXLAN.

Test commands:
    ip link add dummy0 type dummy
    ip link add vlan1 link dummy0 type vlan id 1

    for i in {2..100}
    do
	    let A=$i-1
	    ip link add vlan$i link vlan$A type vlan id $i
    done
    ip link del dummy0

1st patch actually fixes the root cause.
It adds new common variables {upper/lower}_level that represent
depth level. upper_level variable is depth of upper devices.
lower_level variable is depth of lower devices.

      [U][L]       [U][L]
vlan1  1  5  vlan4  1  4
vlan2  2  4  vlan5  2  3
vlan3  3  3    |
  |            |
  +------------+
  |
vlan6  4  2
dummy0 5  1

After this patch, the nesting infrastructure code uses this variable to
check the depth level.

2, 4, 5, 6, 7 patches fix lockdep related problem.
Before this patch, devices use static lockdep map.
So, if devices that are same type is nested, lockdep will warn about
recursive situation.
These patches make these devices use dynamic lockdep key instead of
static lock or subclass.

3rd patch fixes unexpected IFF_BONDING bit unset.

8th patch fixes a refcnt leak in the macsec module.

9th patch adds ignore flag to an adjacent structure.
In order to exchange an adjacent node safely, ignore flag is needed.

10th patch makes vxlan add an adjacent link to limit depth level.

11th patch removes unnecessary variables and callback.

v2 -> v3 :
 - Modify nesting infrastructure code to use iterator instead of recursive.
v1 -> v2 :
 - Make the 3rd patch do not add a new priv_flag.

Taehee Yoo (11):
  net: core: limit nested device depth
  vlan: use dynamic lockdep key instead of subclass
  bonding: fix unexpected IFF_BONDING bit unset
  bonding: use dynamic lockdep key instead of subclass
  team: use dynamic lockdep key instead of static key
  macsec: use dynamic lockdep key instead of subclass
  macvlan: use dynamic lockdep key instead of subclass
  macsec: fix refcnt leak in module exit routine
  net: core: add ignore flag to netdev_adjacent structure
  vxlan: add adjacent link to limit depth level
  net: remove unnecessary variables and callback

 drivers/net/bonding/bond_alb.c                |   2 +-
 drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c               |  81 +++-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_tc.c   |   2 +-
 drivers/net/macsec.c                          |  50 +-
 drivers/net/macvlan.c                         |  36 +-
 drivers/net/team/team.c                       |  61 ++-
 drivers/net/vxlan.c                           |  71 ++-
 include/linux/if_macvlan.h                    |   3 +-
 include/linux/if_team.h                       |   5 +
 include/linux/if_vlan.h                       |  13 +-
 include/linux/netdevice.h                     |  20 +-
 include/net/bonding.h                         |   4 +-
 include/net/vxlan.h                           |   1 +
 net/8021q/vlan.c                              |   1 -
 net/8021q/vlan_dev.c                          |  32 +-
 net/core/dev.c                                | 456 +++++++++++++++---
 net/core/dev_addr_lists.c                     |  12 +-
 net/smc/smc_core.c                            |   2 +-
 net/smc/smc_pnet.c                            |   2 +-
 19 files changed, 667 insertions(+), 187 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1