Subject: [PATCH RESEND v3 00/26] Add definition for the number of standard PCI BARs

From: Denis Efremov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 02:40:26 +0300

Code that iterates over all standard PCI BARs typically uses
PCI_STD_RESOURCE_END, but this is error-prone because it requires
"i <= PCI_STD_RESOURCE_END" rather than something like
"i < PCI_STD_NUM_BARS". We could add such a definition and use it the same
way PCI_SRIOV_NUM_BARS is used. The patchset also replaces constant (6)
with new define PCI_STD_NUM_BARS where appropriate and removes local
declarations for the number of PCI BARs.

Changes in v3:
  - Updated commits description.
  - Refactored "< PCI_ROM_RESOURCE" with "< PCI_STD_NUM_BARS" in loops.
  - Refactored "<= BAR_5" with "< PCI_STD_NUM_BARS" in loops.
  - Removed local define GASKET_NUM_BARS.
  - Removed local define PCI_NUM_BAR_RESOURCES.

Changes in v2:
  - Reversed checks in pci_iomap_range,pci_iomap_wc_range.
  - Refactored loops in vfio_pci to keep PCI_STD_RESOURCES.
  - Added 2 new patches to replace the magic constant with new define.
  - Splitted net patch in v1 to separate stmmac and dwc-xlgmac patches.

Denis Efremov (26):
  PCI: Add define for the number of standard PCI BARs
  PCI: hv: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  PCI: dwc: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  PCI: endpoint: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  misc: pci_endpoint_test: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  s390/pci: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  x86/PCI: Loop using PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  alpha/PCI: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  ia64: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  stmmac: pci: Loop using PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  net: dwc-xlgmac: Loop using PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  ixgb: use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  e1000: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  rapidio/tsi721: Loop using PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  efifb: Loop using PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  fbmem: use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  vfio_pci: Loop using PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  scsi: pm80xx: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  ata: sata_nv: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  staging: gasket: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  serial: 8250_pci: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  pata_atp867x: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  memstick: use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  USB: core: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  usb: pci-quirks: Use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS
  devres: use PCI_STD_NUM_BARS

 arch/alpha/kernel/pci-sysfs.c                 |  8 ++---
 arch/ia64/sn/pci/pcibr/pcibr_dma.c            |  4 +--
 arch/s390/include/asm/pci.h                   |  5 +--
 arch/s390/include/asm/pci_clp.h               |  6 ++--
 arch/s390/pci/pci.c                           | 16 +++++-----
 arch/s390/pci/pci_clp.c                       |  6 ++--
 arch/x86/pci/common.c                         |  2 +-
 arch/x86/pci/intel_mid_pci.c                  |  2 +-
 drivers/ata/pata_atp867x.c                    |  2 +-
 drivers/ata/sata_nv.c                         |  2 +-
 drivers/memstick/host/jmb38x_ms.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/misc/pci_endpoint_test.c              |  8 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000/e1000.h      |  1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000/e1000_main.c |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgb/ixgb.h        |  1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgb/ixgb_main.c   |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_pci.c  |  4 +--
 .../net/ethernet/synopsys/dwc-xlgmac-pci.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pci-dra7xx.c       |  2 +-
 .../pci/controller/dwc/pci-layerscape-ep.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-artpec6.c     |  2 +-
 .../pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware-plat.c |  2 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware.h  |  2 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-hyperv.c           | 10 +++---
 drivers/pci/endpoint/functions/pci-epf-test.c | 10 +++---
 drivers/pci/pci-sysfs.c                       |  4 +--
 drivers/pci/pci.c                             | 13 ++++----
 drivers/pci/proc.c                            |  4 +--
 drivers/pci/quirks.c                          |  4 +--
 drivers/rapidio/devices/tsi721.c              |  2 +-
 drivers/scsi/pm8001/pm8001_hwi.c              |  2 +-
 drivers/scsi/pm8001/pm8001_init.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/staging/gasket/gasket_constants.h     |  3 --
 drivers/staging/gasket/gasket_core.c          | 12 +++----
 drivers/staging/gasket/gasket_core.h          |  4 +--
 drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_pci.c            |  8 ++---
 drivers/usb/core/hcd-pci.c                    |  2 +-
 drivers/usb/host/pci-quirks.c                 |  2 +-
 drivers/vfio/pci/vfio_pci.c                   | 11 ++++---
 drivers/vfio/pci/vfio_pci_config.c            | 32 ++++++++++---------
 drivers/vfio/pci/vfio_pci_private.h           |  4 +--
 drivers/video/fbdev/core/fbmem.c              |  4 +--
 drivers/video/fbdev/efifb.c                   |  2 +-
 include/linux/pci-epc.h                       |  2 +-
 include/linux/pci.h                           |  2 +-
 include/uapi/linux/pci_regs.h                 |  1 +
 lib/devres.c                                  |  2 +-
 47 files changed, 112 insertions(+), 115 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0