Subject: [PATCH bpf-next v3 0/2] bpf/flow_dissector: add mode to enforce global BPF flow dissector

From: Stanislav Fomichev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 09:21:01 -0700

While having a per-net-ns flow dissector programs is convenient for
testing, security-wise it's better to have only one vetted global
flow dissector implementation.

Let's have a convention that when BPF flow dissector is installed
in the root namespace, child namespaces can't override it.

The intended use-case is to attach global BPF flow dissector
early from the init scripts/systemd. Attaching global dissector
is prohibited if some non-root namespace already has flow dissector
attached. Also, attaching to non-root namespace is prohibited
when there is flow dissector attached to the root namespace.

v3:
* drop extra check and empty line (Andrii Nakryiko)

v2:
* EPERM -> EEXIST (Song Liu)
* Make sure we don't have dissector attached to non-root namespaces
  when attaching the global one (Andrii Nakryiko)

Cc: Petar Penkov <[email-masked]>

Stanislav Fomichev (2):
  bpf/flow_dissector: add mode to enforce global BPF flow dissector
  selftests/bpf: add test for BPF flow dissector in the root namespace

 Documentation/bpf/prog_flow_dissector.rst     |  3 ++
 net/core/flow_dissector.c                     | 38 +++++++++++++--
 .../selftests/bpf/test_flow_dissector.sh      | 48 ++++++++++++++++---
 3 files changed, 79 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0.581.g78d2f28ef7-goog