Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v7 13/17] ethtool: add standard notification handler

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 07:56:19 +0200

Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 08:17:43PM CEST, [email-masked] wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 05:25:59PM +0200, Jiri Pirko wrote:
>> Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 10:59:40PM CEST, [email-masked] wrote:

[...]

>> >+
>> >+/* generic notification handler */
>> >+static void ethnl_std_notify(struct net_device *dev, unsigned int cmd,
>> 
>> Better "common" comparing to "standard", I believe.
>
>That's similar to ethnl_std_parse(), the idea is that this is the
>standard handler for notifications which are triggered without
>additional data and the message is the same as reply to corresponding
>"GET" request (which is generated by the standard ethnl_get_doit()
>handler). Notifications for actions and notifications for SET commands
>which cannot be generated this standard way will have to use their own
>(nonstandard) handler.

So "default"? The "standard" sounds rather weird to me. It isn't any
"standard" :)