Subject: [PATCH net-next,v5 0/4] flow_offload: update mangle action representation

From: Pablo Neira Ayuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 00:10:47 +0200

This patch updates the mangle action representation:

Patch 1) Undo bitwise NOT operation on the mangle mask (coming from tc
         pedit userspace).

Patch 2) mangle value &= mask from the front-end side.

Patch 3) adjust offset, length and coalesce consecutive pedit keys into
         one single action. Calculate header field based on the offset
         and mask.

Patch 4) add support for payload mangling for netfilter.

After this patchset:

* Offset to payload does not need to be on the 32-bits boundaries anymore.
  This patchset adds front-end code to adjust the offset and length coming
  from the tc pedit representation, so drivers get an exact header field
  offset and length.

* This new front-end code coalesces consecutive pedit action composed of
  several keys into one single action, so drivers can mangle IPv6 and
  ethernet address fields in one go, instead of updating 32-bit word at
  a time.

As a result, driver codebase to deal with payload mangling gets simplified.

Changes since v5:

* v4 patchset was missing the initial 1/4 patch to undo the bitwise NOT
  operation as the cover letter describes.

* Use header field definitions to calculate the header field from the
  u32 offset and the mask. This allows for mangling a few bytes of a
  multi-byte field, eg. offset=0 mask=0x00ff to mangle one single byte
  of a source port. --Edward Cree

Please, apply.

Pablo Neira Ayuso (4):
  net: flow_offload: flip mangle action mask
  net: flow_offload: bitwise AND on mangle action value field
  net: flow_offload: mangle action at byte level
  netfilter: nft_payload: packet mangling offload support

 .../net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4/cxgb4_tc_flower.c   | 163 ++++----------
 .../net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4/cxgb4_tc_flower.h   |  40 +---
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_tc.c    |  80 +++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/flower/action.c | 212 +++++++-----------
 include/net/flow_offload.h                         |   7 +-
 net/netfilter/nft_payload.c                        |  73 +++++++
 net/sched/cls_api.c                                | 243 +++++++++++++++++++--
 7 files changed, 469 insertions(+), 349 deletions(-)

-- 
2.11.0