Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/2] net: lpc_eth: parse phy nodes from device tree

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 18:22:14 +0200

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 11:47:57AM +0200, Alexandre Belloni wrote:
> When connected to a micrel phy, phy_find_first doesn't work properly
> because the first phy found is on address 0, the broadcast address but, the
> first thing the phy driver is doing is disabling this broadcast address.
> The phy is then available only on address 1 but the mdio driver doesn't
> know about it.
> 
> Instead, register the mdio bus using of_mdiobus_register and try to find
> the phy description in device tree before falling back to phy_find_first.
> 
> This ultimately also allows to describe the interrupt the phy is connected
> to.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Alexandre Belloni <[email-masked]>

Hi Alexandre

It is normal to have a cover note for a patch series.

Otherwise:

Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>

    Andrew