Subject: Re: [ovs-dev] [PATCH] Change in openvswitch kernel module to support MPLS label depth of 3 in ingress direction.

From: Ben Pfaff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 12:07:06 -0700

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 07:55:32PM +0530, Martin Varghese wrote:
> From: Martin Varghese <[email-masked]>
> 
> The openvswitch kernel module was supporting a MPLS label depth of 1
> in the ingress direction though the userspace OVS supports a max depth
> of 3 labels. This change enables openvswitch module to support a max
> depth of 3 labels in the ingress.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Martin Varghese <[email-masked]>

Thanks for the patch!

Usually, for kernel module changes, the workflow is to submit the change
upstream to the Linux kernel first ("upstream first").  Then, afterward,
we backport the upstream changes into the OVS repository.

I see that you have CCed this to the Linux kernel networking list
(netdev) but the patch itself is against the OVS repo.  Probably, if you
want to get reviews from netdev, you should instead post a patch against
the net-next repository.

Thanks again for working to improve Open vSwitch.