Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 08/16] net: dsa: use ports list to setup multiple master devices

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 16:17:27 +0200

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 08:03:34PM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> 
> 
> On 10/19/2019 8:19 PM, Vivien Didelot wrote:
> > Now that we have a potential list of CPU ports, make use of it instead
> > of only configuring the master device of an unique CPU port.
> 
> Out of your series, this is the only one that has possible side effects
> to existing set-up in that if you had multiple CPU ports defined, today,
> we would stop at the first one, whereas now, we will set them all up. I
> believe this is right way to do it, but have not had time to fire up a
> test on a BCM7278 w/ bcm_sf2 and this patch series to confirm that, will
> do that first thing tomorrow morning.

Hi Florian

The next patch might also change things, finding the first CPU port.
Is the order of the link list the same as searching the port array?

   Andrew