Subject: [PATCH bpf-next 0/2] bpf: cleanup BTF-enabled raw_tp

From: Alexei Starovoitov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 12:35:30 -0700

When BTF-enabled raw_tp were introduced the plan was to follow up
with BTF-enabled kprobe and kretprobe reusing PROG_RAW_TRACEPOINT
and PROG_KPROBE types. But k[ret]probe expect pt_regs while
BTF-enabled program ctx will be the same as raw_tp.
kretprobe is indistinguishable from kprobe while BTF-enabled
kretprobe will have access to retval while kprobe will not.
Hence PROG_KPROBE type is not reusable and reusing
PROG_RAW_TRACEPOINT no longer fits well.
Hence introduce 'umbrella' prog type BPF_PROG_TYPE_TRACING
that will cover different BTF-enabled tracing attach points.
The changes make libbpf side cleaner as well.
check_attach_btf_id() is cleaner too.

Alexei Starovoitov (2):
  bpf: replace prog_raw_tp+btf_id with prog_tracing
  libbpf: add support for prog_tracing

 include/linux/bpf.h            |  5 ++
 include/linux/bpf_types.h      |  1 +
 include/uapi/linux/bpf.h       |  2 +
 kernel/bpf/syscall.c           |  6 +--
 kernel/bpf/verifier.c          | 34 +++++++++----
 kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c       | 44 +++++++++++++----
 tools/include/uapi/linux/bpf.h |  2 +
 tools/lib/bpf/bpf.c            |  8 ++--
 tools/lib/bpf/bpf.h            |  5 +-
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf.c         | 88 +++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf.h         |  4 ++
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf_probes.c  |  1 +
 12 files changed, 151 insertions(+), 49 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1