Subject: [PATCH AUTOSEL 4.19 094/205] ath10k: wmi: disable softirq's while calling ieee80211_rx

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 06:36:01 -0500

From: Erik Stromdahl <[email-masked]>

[ Upstream commit 37f62c0d5822f631b786b29a1b1069ab714d1a28 ]

This is done in order not to trig the below warning in
ieee80211_rx_napi:

WARN_ON_ONCE(softirq_count() == 0);

ieee80211_rx_napi requires that softirq's are disabled during
execution.

The High latency bus drivers (SDIO and USB) sometimes call the wmi
ep_rx_complete callback from non softirq context, resulting in a trigger
of the above warning.

Calling ieee80211_rx_ni with softirq's already disabled (e.g., from
softirq context) should be safe as the local_bh_disable and
local_bh_enable functions (called from ieee80211_rx_ni) are fully
reentrant.

Signed-off-by: Erik Stromdahl <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/wmi.c | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/wmi.c b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/wmi.c
index 583147f00fa4e..40b36e73bb48c 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/wmi.c
+++ b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/wmi.c
@@ -2487,7 +2487,8 @@ int ath10k_wmi_event_mgmt_rx(struct ath10k *ar, struct sk_buff *skb)
 		   status->freq, status->band, status->signal,
 		   status->rate_idx);
 
-	ieee80211_rx(ar->hw, skb);
+	ieee80211_rx_ni(ar->hw, skb);
+
 	return 0;
 }
 
-- 
2.20.1