Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] Add rudimentary SFP module quirk support

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 11:39:00 +0000

The SFP module EEPROM describes the capabilities of the module, but
doesn't describe the host interface.  We have a certain amount of
guess-work to work out how to configure the host - which works most
of the time.

However, there are some (such as GPON) modules which are able to
support different host interfaces, such as 1000BASE-X and 2500BASE-X.
The module will switch between each mode until it achieves link with
the host.

There is no defined way to describe this in the SFP EEPROM, so we can
only recognise the module and handle it appropriately.  This series
adds the necessary recognition of the modules using a quirk system,
and tweaks the support mask to allow them to link with the host at
2500BASE-X, thereby allowing the user to achieve full line rate.

 drivers/net/phy/sfp-bus.c | 79 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 79 insertions(+)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 12.1Mbps down 622kbps up
According to speedtest.net: 11.9Mbps down 500kbps up