Subject: [PATCH 0/3] perf/bpftool: Allow to link libbpf dynamically

From: Jiri Olsa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 10:48:34 +0100

hi,
adding support to link bpftool with libbpf dynamically,
and config change for perf.

It's now possible to use:
  $ make -C tools/bpf/bpftool/ LIBBPF_DYNAMIC=1

which will detect libbpf devel package with needed version,
and if found, link it with bpftool.

It's possible to use arbitrary installed libbpf:
  $ make -C tools/bpf/bpftool/ LIBBPF_DYNAMIC=1 LIBBPF_DIR=/tmp/libbpf/

I based this change on top of Arnaldo's perf/core, because
it contains libbpf feature detection code as dependency.
It's now also synced with latest bpf-next, so Toke's change
applies correctly.

Also available in:
  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jolsa/perf.git
  libbpf/dyn

thanks,
jirka

---
Jiri Olsa (2):
      perf tools: Allow to specify libbpf install directory
      bpftool: Allow to link libbpf dynamically

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen (1):
      libbpf: Export netlink functions used by bpftool

 tools/bpf/bpftool/Makefile        | 40 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 tools/build/feature/test-libbpf.c |  9 +++++++++
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf.h            | 22 +++++++++++++---------
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf.map          |  7 +++++++
 tools/lib/bpf/nlattr.h            | 15 ++++++++++-----
 tools/perf/Makefile.config        | 27 ++++++++++++++++++++-------
 6 files changed, 98 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)