Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 1/2] dt-bindings: net: bluetooth: add interrupts properties

From: Johan Hovold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 17:19:01 +0100

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 04:06:21PM +0100, Guillaume La Roque wrote:
> add interrupts and interrupt-names as optional properties
> to support host-wakeup by interrupt properties instead of
> host-wakeup-gpios.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Guillaume La Roque <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/broadcom-bluetooth.txt | 4 +++-
>  1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
> 
> diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/broadcom-bluetooth.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/broadcom-bluetooth.txt
> index b5eadee4a9a7..95912d979239 100644
> --- a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/broadcom-bluetooth.txt
> +++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/broadcom-bluetooth.txt
> @@ -36,7 +36,9 @@ Optional properties:
>      - pcm-frame-type: short, long
>      - pcm-sync-mode: slave, master
>      - pcm-clock-mode: slave, master
> -
> + - interrupts: must be one, used to wakeup the host processor if
> +   gpiod_to_irq function not supported

This is a Linux implementation detail which therefore doesn't belong in
the binding.

I think the general rule is to prefer interrupts over gpios where we
have a choice, but here the current binding already has a
host-wakeup-gpios.

Not sure how best to handle that, maybe Rob knows.

> + - interrupt-names: must be "host-wakeup"
>  
>  Example:

Oh, and please keep people commenting on your patches on CC when you
submit new versions.

Johan