Subject: Re: [PATCH] dt-bindings: Add missing 'properties' keyword enclosing 'snps,tso'

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 12:34:38 +0100

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 10:39:46AM -0600, Rob Herring wrote:
> DT property definitions must be under a 'properties' keyword. This was
> missing for 'snps,tso' in an if/then clause. A meta-schema fix will
> catch future errors like this.
> 
> Fixes: 7db3545aef5f ("dt-bindings: net: stmmac: Convert the binding to a schemas")
> Cc: Maxime Ripard <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>

Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>

We still seem to be some distance from having all DT match the schema.

$ ARCH=arm make dtbs_check DT_SCHEMA_FILES=Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/snps,dwmac.yaml
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/artpec6-devboard.dt.yaml: ethernet@f8010000: interrupt-names:1: 'eth_wake_irq' was expected
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/meson6-atv1200.dt.yaml: ethernet@c9410000: 'phy-mode' is a required property
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/meson8-minix-neo-x8.dt.yaml: ethernet@c9410000: 'phy-mode' is a required property
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_nand.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff800000: reset-names: Additional items are not allowed ('stmmaceth-ocp' was unexpected)
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_nand.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff800000: reset-names: ['stmmaceth', 'stmmaceth-ocp'] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_nand.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff800000: resets: [[4, 32], [4, 40]] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_nand.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff802000: reset-names: Additional items are not allowed ('stmmaceth-ocp' was unexpected)
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_nand.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff802000: reset-names: ['stmmaceth', 'stmmaceth-ocp'] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_nand.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff802000: resets: [[4, 33], [4, 41]] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_nand.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff804000: reset-names: Additional items are not allowed ('stmmaceth-ocp' was unexpected)
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_nand.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff804000: reset-names: ['stmmaceth', 'stmmaceth-ocp'] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_nand.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff804000: resets: [[4, 34], [4, 42]] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_qspi.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff800000: reset-names: Additional items are not allowed ('stmmaceth-ocp' was unexpected)
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_qspi.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff800000: reset-names: ['stmmaceth', 'stmmaceth-ocp'] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_qspi.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff800000: resets: [[4, 32], [4, 40]] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_qspi.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff802000: reset-names: Additional items are not allowed ('stmmaceth-ocp' was unexpected)
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_qspi.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff802000: reset-names: ['stmmaceth', 'stmmaceth-ocp'] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_qspi.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff802000: resets: [[4, 33], [4, 41]] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_qspi.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff804000: reset-names: Additional items are not allowed ('stmmaceth-ocp' was unexpected)
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_qspi.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff804000: reset-names: ['stmmaceth', 'stmmaceth-ocp'] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_qspi.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff804000: resets: [[4, 34], [4, 42]] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_sdmmc.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff800000: reset-names: Additional items are not allowed ('stmmaceth-ocp' was unexpected)
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_sdmmc.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff800000: reset-names: ['stmmaceth', 'stmmaceth-ocp'] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_sdmmc.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff800000: resets: [[4, 32], [4, 40]] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_sdmmc.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff802000: reset-names: Additional items are not allowed ('stmmaceth-ocp' was unexpected)
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_sdmmc.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff802000: reset-names: ['stmmaceth', 'stmmaceth-ocp'] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_sdmmc.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff802000: resets: [[4, 33], [4, 41]] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_sdmmc.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff804000: reset-names: Additional items are not allowed ('stmmaceth-ocp' was unexpected)
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_sdmmc.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff804000: reset-names: ['stmmaceth', 'stmmaceth-ocp'] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_arria10_socdk_sdmmc.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff804000: resets: [[4, 34], [4, 42]] is too long
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1310-evb.dt.yaml: eth@e2000000: $nodename:0: 'eth@e2000000' does not match '^ethernet(@.*)?$'
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1310-evb.dt.yaml: eth@e2000000: compatible: None of ['st,spear600-gmac'] are valid under the given schema
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1310-evb.dt.yaml: eth@5c400000: $nodename:0: 'eth@5c400000' does not match '^ethernet(@.*)?$'
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1310-evb.dt.yaml: eth@5c400000: compatible: None of ['st,spear600-gmac'] are valid under the given schema
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1310-evb.dt.yaml: eth@5c500000: $nodename:0: 'eth@5c500000' does not match '^ethernet(@.*)?$'
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1310-evb.dt.yaml: eth@5c500000: compatible: None of ['st,spear600-gmac'] are valid under the given schema
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1310-evb.dt.yaml: eth@5c600000: $nodename:0: 'eth@5c600000' does not match '^ethernet(@.*)?$'
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1310-evb.dt.yaml: eth@5c600000: compatible: None of ['st,spear600-gmac'] are valid under the given schema
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1310-evb.dt.yaml: eth@5c700000: $nodename:0: 'eth@5c700000' does not match '^ethernet(@.*)?$'
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1310-evb.dt.yaml: eth@5c700000: compatible: None of ['st,spear600-gmac'] are valid under the given schema
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/socfpga_cyclone5_vining_fpga.dt.yaml: ethernet@ff702000: snps,reset-delays-us: [[10000, 10000, 10000]] is too short
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1340-evb.dt.yaml: eth@e2000000: $nodename:0: 'eth@e2000000' does not match '^ethernet(@.*)?$'
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/spear1340-evb.dt.yaml: eth@e2000000: compatible: None of ['st,spear600-gmac'] are valid under the given schema
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/stih410-b2260.dt.yaml: dwmac@9630000: $nodename:0: 'dwmac@9630000' does not match '^ethernet(@.*)?$'
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/stih410-b2260.dt.yaml: dwmac@9630000: snps,reset-delays-us: [[0, 10000, 1000000]] is too short
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/stih407-b2120.dt.yaml: dwmac@9630000: $nodename:0: 'dwmac@9630000' does not match '^ethernet(@.*)?$'
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/stih418-b2199.dt.yaml: dwmac@9630000: $nodename:0: 'dwmac@9630000' does not match '^ethernet(@.*)?$'
.../linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/stih410-b2120.dt.yaml: dwmac@9630000: $nodename:0: 'dwmac@9630000' does not match '^ethernet(@.*)?$'