Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v4 0/5] dpaa2-eth: add MAC/PHY support through phylink

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 10:14:56 +0000

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 04:04:43PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:
> The other thing I see is that with dpmac.7 added, I get all the iommu
> group messages, and buried in there is:
> 
> fsl_dpaa2_eth dpni.1: Probed interface eth1
> 
> as expected.  When I issue the dpmac.8 command (which is when all those
> warnings are spat out) I see:
> 
> fsl_dpaa2_eth dpni.2: Probed interface eth1
> 
> So dpni.1 has gone, eth1 has gone to be replaced by dpni.2 bound to eth1.
> 
> Looking in /sys/bus/fsl-mc/devices/dpni.[12]/ it seems that both
> devices still exist, but dpni.1 has been unbound from the dpaa2 eth
> driver.

I'm seeing this again, it's very annoying because it means one of the
interfaces vanishes and can't then be resurected.

[  161.573637] fsl_mc_allocator dpbp.2: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.579289] fsl_mc_allocator dpmcp.36: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.668060] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.32: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.752477] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.37: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.757221] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.36: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.761981] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.35: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.766704] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.34: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.771453] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.33: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.932117] fsl-mc dpcon.2: Removing from iommu group 0
[  161.936171] fsl-mc dpcon.1: Removing from iommu group 0
[  161.940239] fsl-mc dpcon.0: Removing from iommu group 0
[  161.945283] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.44: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.950074] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.43: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.954807] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.42: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.959513] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.41: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.964236] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.40: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.968933] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.39: Adding to iommu group 0
[  161.973642] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.38: Adding to iommu group 0
[  162.051949] fsl_dpaa2_eth dpni.1: Adding to iommu group 0
[  162.206770] fsl_dpaa2_eth dpni.1: Probed interface eth1
[  162.211811] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.47: Adding to iommu group 0
[  162.216544] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.46: Adding to iommu group 0
[  162.221260] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.45: Adding to iommu group 0
[  162.227232] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.2: Adding to iommu group 0
[  162.231864] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.1: Adding to iommu group 0
[  162.236497] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.0: Adding to iommu group 0

[  167.581066] fsl_mc_allocator dpbp.3: Adding to iommu group 0
[  167.586802] fsl_mc_allocator dpmcp.37: Adding to iommu group 0
[  167.592368] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.51: Adding to iommu group 0
[  167.597120] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.50: Adding to iommu group 0
[  167.601869] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.49: Adding to iommu group 0
[  167.606604] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.48: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.304644] fsl-mc dpcon.4: Removing from iommu group 0
[  168.308710] fsl-mc dpcon.3: Removing from iommu group 0
[  168.312783] fsl-mc dpcon.2: Removing from iommu group 0
[  168.316828] fsl-mc dpcon.1: Removing from iommu group 0
[  168.320874] fsl-mc dpcon.0: Removing from iommu group 0
[  168.325946] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.59: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.330682] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.58: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.335393] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.57: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.340105] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.56: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.344816] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.55: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.349530] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.54: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.354256] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.53: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.358981] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.52: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.435784] fsl_dpaa2_eth dpni.2: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.600151] fsl_dpaa2_eth dpni.2: Probed interface eth1
[  168.605298] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.63: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.610023] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.62: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.614751] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.61: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.619470] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.60: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.625990] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.4: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.630614] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.3: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.635251] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.2: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.639890] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.1: Adding to iommu group 0
[  168.644539] fsl_mc_allocator dpcon.0: Adding to iommu group 0

Any ideas?

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 12.1Mbps down 622kbps up
According to speedtest.net: 11.9Mbps down 500kbps up